Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 20, 2012: 40 Days and 40 Nights...



Heaveno!

... Till Time To Fly!

Holy COW time is FLYING.  I can't believe next weekend is Memorial Day Weekend again already.  Where does the time go?  Before I go any further, BIG SHOUTOUT of congratulations goes out to Patrice & Matt Williams for a successful "Jogging For Jonah" race!  It sounds like it was loads of fun for all who attended... and that was A LOT of peeps!  Great work!

I ran a 5k loop in my neighborhood yesterday, and I was a full 3 minutes off my Speedy-Gonzales pace last year, but it's a bit hillier here, so it's good training!  I'm traveling out of town the next 2 weekends so that only leaves me with 3 more Sat. morning runs before the race!  That's not much.  I want to break my time from last year... well actually what I really wanna do is win my age group (30-39).  I will be 39 and 10 months on race day... probably the oldest guy in my bracket... and I think it would be cool to be the old guy, and win!  That's gonna take a lot more work on this end, though.  I tend to make super-human predictions (more on that another time) regarding my ability, so I don't know if I can really do it.  After all,  who even knows who's gonna show up at that race on that day?  Leave it up to God, Tim, leave it up to God.

IF you are planning on joining our team, you need to join by May 30 if you want a FREE snazzy Team PUCK jersey!  They are really cool... I'll post a pic next week of one.  We've noticed that it's challenging to get people to register online this far in advance.  You get to have your very own fundraising page that you can add a photo to and customize the text to match your personality!  Registering early gives you enough time to reach out to your friends and family over email and social media the 5-6 times it takes in order for people to actually go make a donation.

Case in point... our church is conducting an online survey right now, and we have heard the associate pastor share how computers are set up outside after church if anyone needs help with the technology... meanwhile, it's been like three weeks, and Ang and I STILL haven't gone online to fill out the survey!  Tonight, we at least TALKED about the survey, and brought home the website address... and who knows, after a couple of weeks and several conversations, maybe we'll get to it after all tonight!  LOL.



In other exciting news, Ali lost one of her two front upper teeth this week!  She has been complaining about it for what seems like forever, and the other day (Thursday,  I think), she came running up to me with that big, Gap-toothed grin, and it was just about the cutest thing ever.  She is so much fun.  Sometimes dramatic, but overall such a great kid.

Yesterday, we hung out with non other than Bella's boyfriend, Daylon Edling and his family!  They live about an hour from us, and another set of friends moved out near them, so we decided pretty far in advance to take a Saturday and visit them both... and I'm a dumbass because Jennifer was taking pictures with her much-nice-than-mine camera and amazing skills, so I have no cute pictures to show you!  DRAT!

BUT... I can tell you this...

There was not a single bandage of any kind on his body... anywhere.

That's not to say that he didn't have little owies here and there... he did... but it was still simply amazing.  This is a boy with Junctional Herlitz EB who will turn 3 in July, and was just sitting in a pair of shorts, a panama shirt, and a cap... just hangin' out... BAREFOOT!  The journey he has been on is nothing short of amazing, inspiring, and completely miraculous.... and he has 4 siblings to boot!  Bless Jen and Bryan's hearts, they are just amazing to be around.  SO MUCH FUN, despite all they've been through and still go through.  Jen, Bryan, and Daylon, you are TRULY an inspiration.

Okay, I'm falling asleep here and there are LOTs of dishes to clean.  Thanks for being here with us.

God night.


5 comments:

  1. its always a pleasure to read your blog posts Tim! God bless you all!
    Love
    Christiana (cyprus)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing report on Daylon!!! It goes to show you that you can change the course of this disease. By raising awareness and funds you ARE making a difference. I wish we could have saved them all but at least the future is looking brighter.
    I am also training for my first 5k this year in November. I smoked for 15 years (quit 2 years ago by the grace of God and motivation from my then 1 year old son Max) and if you would have told me a year ago that I could run even a mile I would have laughed in your face, lol! At this point a full or even a half marathon seem unattainable but then I look at how far I have come and realize that I may be underestimating myself :o)
    Thanks for the update Tim and have a great week!
    Kelley in MO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet words! It was so much fun to hang out with you guys! I'll send you photos of the day, just so you have them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am incredibly jealous that you got to hang with the Edlings...I really want to spend more time with them, I loved meeting with Jennifer for Wings of Hope...

    Ali looks like a first grader now :)
    And Julian...well, he is just too much cuteness for me..

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's that sweet face. Love seeing Bella as the last photo, as always.... feels like she jumps into my heart anew each week. Thanks for sharing your three lil' rays of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete