Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13: Friday the 13th? Really?



Heaveno!

How many years has it been since those movies scared the you-know-what outta me?  It'll never be "just" Friday the 13th without 'being' Friday the 13th, will it? LOL.



Well, today was Ali's "Promotion" ceremony out of pre-school!  It was short and sweet, and followed by a super-fun carnival of fun and food!  The kids sang a modified version of "He's Got The Whole World in His Hands," complete with choreography!  Ali rocked her parts and I'd post the video, except I shot it "sideways" with my camera, and I can't figure out how to rotate video!  I only know how to rotate photos! So, I turned my laptop on its side and we all watched the video once so it wasn't a complete loss.





Ali's teachers are just so great.  They put together a binder at the end of the year with all sorts of stuff Ali has worked on, including assignments, homework, photos they took of her in action, and tons of art, along with her certificate of completion of course. In addition, at least 4 of them told me today they are coming to Bella's Bash next weekend as well.  They shared their favorite "Ali moments" with me today, and had my jaw dropping at some of the stories.  She is just such a little adult, but still sweet!



Ali's teachers also let us set up a table for PUCK to promote for next week's Birthday Bash!  We gave away a few bracelets, received a couple of small donations, talked up the event, and shared the amazing scrapbook that our friend Denise made for Ali, because all of the pictures are of her and Bella.  Thank you again, Denise, for such an extraordinary gift.  I got to tell the story of how Denise, a devoted blog follower from Wisconsin, made a scrapbook for Bella, and a separate one for Ali, drove to MN for Bella's memorial with her husband and special needs child, gave us the books, attended the memorial and reception, then promptly got the family BACK in the van and drove BACK to Wisconsin, all in one day.  This was someone we hadn't even met before the memorial, but this blog bonded us.



THAT is awesome.

On the home front, we had our penultimate planning meeting this evening for the bash, and things just keep falling into place really well!  It seems like we get a new donation of some sort every single day.  Our opportunity drawing and silent auction get better every day!

Oh - if you are an Angels fan, you are DEFINITELY going to want to get ready for an UNBELIEVABLE, chance of a lifetime opportunity that has been gifted us for our silent auction!

Okay, there is much more to tell, but I am falling asleep typing.  In the midst of all this, I am attending James Malinchak's 4 day seminar, so I am wiped.  Great stuff, great people, and Sunday should be extra special.  Keep you posted!

God night.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ringgolds: Thanks for the update. Congrats Ali on your promotion. You must be so excited with all the fun and happy events planned for the coming weeks.
    Hope you are feeling great Ang and taking good care of yourself. Sure wish I lived on the left coast so I could come to the birthday bash.
    Love the picture of Bella. I will never get tired of looking at that beautful face. Miss her! Love and Hugs Leah's Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait till Kinder graduation!
    :)

    Who did the face painting? So cool....maybe better than Kuddles can do!

    One week to go, my heart is so anxious to finally celebrate Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tim! Just leaving a note to let you know I still check in and read every week. :) Sounds like lots of exciting plans! I'm sad we can't attend Bella's Bash but I know it will be fabulous.

    We are all doing really well here. Ari is 22 months and *finally* sleeping through the night, LOL. And we started potty training. It is summer time and we are enjoying every minute, taking walks, playing at the park, and now our pool is ready for the summer too!

    I hope Ang is doing well and feeling great. :)

    Best,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when you leave us hanging!

    Congrats ALI!!!! What a sweet heart! I wish I was coming to Bella's bash! Its going to be amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it!

    What a sweet picture of the little Angel.
    MUCH LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Ali! I know we only met her for a very short time, but it was clear that she's an exceptional kid.

    Wish we could be there for the bash, too! I'm not an Angels fan (as a matter of fact, the Angels are in town playing my Rangers this weekend!)- but anything baseball-related would be a fun auction item. :)

    Hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend - love to all the Ringgolds!

    Love from TX,
    Laura (for Team A)

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is working. I talked to my mom on Mothers Day about a donation for PUCK. She really wasnt interested and didnt want to talk about it...honestly has never wanted to hear about it. Fast forward to tonight. My mom told me a story....she ran into a woman at a store putting out a jar to raise money for her young son. He was with her and my mom started to describe his face. I said..."Mom, you realize that is what Bella had" She finally wanted to hear about EB. She will be giving me her donation the next time I see her. :)

    I am so thrilled that you are able to use Ali's book...to share Bella with others. That beautiful little girl with the amazing eyes that even in a picture it seems like I am staring into them. BTW-(you already know this but it is worth repeating) it was an honor to be able to create the scrapbooks and be a part of the memorial...the same with the banner.

    I am so excited for Bellas Bash and cant wait for an update on how wonderful it was. Lots of pictures...please. :)

    Sending my love to all and the sweetest of kisses for Ali.

    Denise WI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a quick comment to say that I am still reading and thinking of you. Wishing you strength for the last days of planning for Bella's bash. Praying that it is a grat success and more importantly that you thoroughly enjoy it. Love this picture of Bella.

    ReplyDelete