Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bella Slept Through the Night!

AT LAST AT LAST! BELLA SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!

WOOHOOOO!!!!!

You should have seen the look of panic on my face as I rolled out of bed at 7:30, looked at Ang, who was pumping, and realized I hadn't moved since I went to bed at midnight. I said, "I am so embarrassed! I'm so sorry! Did you try to wake me up?" Se just looked at me and replied," I didn't wake up either."

Then, we realized the truth: Bella hadn't either! We only get up when she cries, so no cries, no get up!

Oh, it was like a dream, though I must admit that I was so delirious from sleeping 7.5 hours that I almost fell over trying to get to the bathroom. I was quite a sight.

Oh, and the best part was that when I put Bella down in her crib in her and Ali's room, she was awake! She fell asleep on her own and slept through the night with her big sister!

[sound of Culture Club singing "It's a Miracle...it's a MIRACLE...it's a miracle...]

Gooooood stuff. Ang and I had so much energy today!

It gets better! Bella was awake and alert and mostly calm during dressing changes with no pain meds. There are currently five blisters that are mostly healed...one on her left knee, one on left elbow, one on her right cheek, one on left middle finger, and right calf. Left thigh has a bandage that can stay on for up to a week, so the blister under it is probably healed by now. We'll take it off Wednesday to monitor.

If all goes well on Saturday, she should have no open blisters anywhere, and we plan to unwrap both hands to do a little baby photo shoot in the home before re-wrapping for a music therapy pool party/reunion Sat evening! I can't wait to get a picture of her hands! You've never seen them! All the while, Bella coos and and smiles and locks eyes most of the time. She still is dealing with a little spit up and gas which brings on the crabbiness, but it's totally manageable. She ROCKS.

On a separate note, THANK ALL OF YOU who wrote "I AM IN" on the site! What a huge and wonderful response from all over the country! Here is the deal: I don't want to pursue that vision using this site, this is for Bella's progress. So, I made a new blog for all those who want to play in the manifestation sand box.

www.thedivineplanet.blogspot.com

It will be located at www.thedivineplanet.com soon, but I am having challenges getting the name and the blogspot site to talk to each other! For those interested, please go there and read the post for more instructions. For those who want to just stay on the sidelines, feel free to come visit us on that site! I am going to restrict how much progress on that front I publish here. I want to keep this more about Bella than me, and even though that vision affects and involves her, it's better left on its own page I think.

See you over there!

May God's blessings shower you with all good things in this divine moment. Thank you for being a part of our lives. This whole journey would have gone very differently without you. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Posted Jul 30, 2009 9:43pm
    by sam b

    still with you all in spirit!
    Posted Jul 30, 2009 8:18pm
    by Albert Alva

    Your heartfelt insightful post is much appreciated. We're all still here for you.
    Posted Jul 30, 2009 8:07am
    by Russ Baldwin

    Parents are great. Cleaning, buying food, watching kids. Someday you will get your chance to, and when you do Tim, please be sure to polish the faucet. We will continue to pray and keep the vision. Stay strong.
    Love & Prayers
    Russ & Jen
    Posted Jul 29, 2009 3:23pm
    by Marie Bresnahan

    I had been away from my email for a week or so and am so happy to get back to these updates.
    I include you all in my prayers every day so please know tha tyou are being thought of by folks all over the place!! Frmo Redding, CT to Brooklyn, NY.......
    Peace and love,
    Mimi B.
    Posted Jul 29, 2009 12:34pm
    by Sara Cooper

    we will never wear from the updates. even if there is no news...you know, no news is good news, right?
    Disneyland and horseback riding? How exciting!
    (and what a bummer about the city of Orange letting Ali down...they obviously don't have their own kids...I will say, however, we had a wonderful experience at Jedi Training Camp, also through the city..)
    I will check back for new pictures...that's my favorite part!
    Posted Jul 29, 2009 10:20am
    by Jennifer Higgins

    Love those grandmas/nannys!
    Posted Jul 29, 2009 7:49am
    by terri wiener

    Tim, Tim, Tim....
    It makes my day to read of the triumphs, big and small, of your family. What a treat to do family things. I'm very happy for you all.
    Warmly, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posted Aug 4, 2009 3:53pm
    by Betty Kuo

    hi ringgold family! so fun to keep in touch through your carepages...been working with monolyke reps alot and jenny tells me all about you guys. have 2 new EB babies in the NICU right now!
    Posted Aug 4, 2009 9:21am
    by MB Young

    I remember telling Dad how tired I was after Claire was born - as if I was the first, fatigued mother in history. And with that non-expresive look he simply said, "Mary, you won't be sleeping for the next 20 years." The man was correct! I used to think if the good Sisters of Charity had just explained sleep deprivation to me I may have joined them! (Try 2000-3000 IU of vitamin D-3. I'd be sunk without it!)
    Sweet Dreams, Miss Bella!
    Mary
    Posted Aug 4, 2009 9:02am
    by Sheila Marchetta

    Yeah Bella!!
    So glad she slept through the night! One more step toward natural growth -- and healng. A big help for you and Ang in recharging your energies.
    I loved spending those 10 days with you all, and getting to know Bella. She is a beautiful, strong and loving baby. She is a blessing in herself, and she is blessed with a beautiful,gentle and loving big sister, and 2 beautiful, stong, intelligent and loving parents.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Love to all,
    Mom
    Posted Aug 4, 2009 8:53am
    by Robin Setto

    Dear Tim, Angelique, Ali and Bella,
    So happy things are more calm for all of you lately! Your entire family ROCKS! Take care of yourselves and our intense prayers continue for all of you.
    Michael and Robin Setto
    Posted Aug 4, 2009 2:57am
    by Paul Ringgold

    So glad to hear she slept through the night. What a break for you guys!! It's getting better from here on. The pictures are wonderful. She looks adoring.
    With much love and greetings from us;
    Heike, Paul, Liesel and Mughi.

    ReplyDelete