Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21: On the Road Again...

Heaveno!

Reporting to you live from grandma's house in Huntington Beach: the staging ground for Operation: Take Minnesota!  One of my clients today informed me I really wasn't going on a vacation at all given the detailed itinerary we had.  LOL.  Oh, the Ringgolds.  Type A++.  Hey, whattayagonnado?  I can't conceive of a vacation where I would travel somewhere to do nothing.  I can do nothing at home, and I don't have to travel.  I LOVE doing nothing at home.  If I'm traveling somewhere, I want to see, taste, smell, hear, and touch everything there is to see, taste, smell, hear, and touch since I don't get to be there again, or at least not for a while!  That's just how I'm wired.  I know Angelique isn't quite as terminally go-go-go as I am, but unfortunately for her, I am the social and travel coordinator of the couple!  LOL.

We are staying the night here at grandma's because they are doing a total overhaul of our condo complex's pavement, and we wouldn't be able to leave our car in our parking space while we're away.  So, this way, grandpa can drive us to the airport in our car, drop us off and pick us up, AND the car is safe and not towed!  Once again, THANK YOU grandma and grandpa!  In addition, they watch Lucy, our chihuahua while we travel, so one more reason to start the journey over here.

So far, we have already identified about 5 things we've forgotten.  The book I'm reading, Ali's headphones, my toothpaste, mommy's black shorts, and any books for Ali (she wanted to pack her own fun-bag, so we let her... won't do that again without a little oversight).  I'm confident that number will rise once we open our suitcases in MN! Oh well, that's what Target is for!  They might as well name it Forget.

Alright, since I'm falling asleep in bed typing with one hand while I hold my head up with my other, I think it's time to bid you adieu from CA.



Oh! P.S.  I forgot to share this on Saturday... one of my childhood friends is a rep for Mary Kay, and for a limited time is donating 20% of proceeds to PUCK as well as FREE SHIPPING!  CLICK HERE to visit her online store!  Thanks, Regina, for making this available!

God night.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tim - Did you (of course you probably did) see the you tube video on Patrice's blog today??? It's amazing. The MOST beautiful faces ever.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time on vacation!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! Tell everyone we said "Hi!" I think I forgot to tell you but Dr. Darro says hi! We saw him in Minnesota. Will you stop by the new hospital if you have time and tell him about the race? He and several other Fellows were interested in running but I didn't have the info off hand. By the time I emailed Lonni and she got back to me, we were leaving for the airport. I passed the info onto some of the nurses, but just in case...and only if you have time, of course. Good luck!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete