Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 5, 2011: Back Home Safely...

Heaveno!

Happy Birthday, Jim Thomas!  Wow, I remember saying that on the blog 2 years ago!

Well, happy to be home in my PJs in my chair in our bedroom dropping this quick note to you all.  Leave it to me to say I'll start blogging Sun, Tue, and Thu, and I walk in the door from my meeting in Salt Lake City at 10:50pm on Sunday night!  DOH!  It's okay.  I can't even begin to express how happy Ang and I were to see all your comments!  Thank you so much!  It was so nice to hear from so many of our old friends as well as hear from some first time commenters, but long time readers!  Thank you for delurking!  That can take some guts!  We LOVE hearing from you, even if it is your first time commenting; it's extra cool, because you really have been with us all along, and your presence, prayers, thoughts, wishes, intentions, and attention are GREATLY appreciated.

It felt like I had gone away to camp or school for a while and just got back and heard from a bunch of close friends I hadn't talked to in a while!  All you "regulars" from back when it was open commenting, it was SO nice to hear your words and see your names again.  It feels GREAT being connected with you again!

Salt Lake City was ALL business.  I left here at 5am on Friday morning, and arrived at 4:30pm and was in a meeting from right then till about 10 that night, but stayed up to balance a budget with our treasurer till midnight.  Then, Sat 8:30am to 11pm, then Sunday 8am to noon.  In the car by 1pm and home by 11pm.  Woof!  It really was TOTALLY worth it.  I am the Vice President of our regional music therapy professional association, and to serve on that board with so many colleagues I absolutely respect and look up to is amazing.  I get to be a part of growing our field through leadership and development, and that is SUCH an honor.  I love serving my community this way.

The drive was great fun as I picked up 2 of my colleagues along the way!  I'll post a photo album of my travel pics for Tuesday night, okay?

Ang and Ali had a BLAST at our friends' birthday party for their daughter yesterday.  It was an all day affair, and consequently, Ali slept in till 10am this morning, which is LATE for her (and us!)  It gave Ang a chance to start the day peacefully and quietly.  Since Ali's bathing suit has been getting worked from all the activity lately, Ang saw a SHOPPORTUNITY and got Ali a new bathing suit and they took it for a test swim this afternoon!  Ali is such a motivated swimmer right now!  It is really exciting to watch and support.  She is just such a blast.

Alright, I gotta get some much needed sleep!  Thank you all again for all the love, please keep the comments coming; don't worry about getting it "right", just get it up here! LOL.

God night.

7 comments:

  1. Good morning! Glad you're back home safely- being back in your own bed is THE BEST!!!

    Love that picture of sweet Bella- her eyes are just amazing. :)

    Hope you all have a great week - tell Ali the Swimmer Princess we said hello!

    Love from TX,
    Laura (for the Team!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should love their job! Glad you had fun, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a good trip. I hope I love my next job as much as you love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for swimming! Yeah for shopping! Yeah for the love of work!

    As an adult, I say it sure would be nice for my hobby to be my job; that way I'd love my job. Too bad as a youth, nobody could ever explain that to me!!!

    Have a great week!

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you made it home safely.

    Beautiful beautiful Bella...I love this picture. How I miss that sweet girl.

    Sending my love to all, sweet kisses for Ali and belly rubs for Julian.

    Denise WI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim and Ang,

    It's so nice to hear from all of the regulars again.... I didn't realize how much I missed that part of your blog. I think we were all here the whole time, so I hope you felt the quiet support!

    Glad you are all doing well and enjoying the summer. A quick request: are there blogs for the current BMT patients? I've been following Nicholas and Charlie, but I've heard there's an older patient undergoing BMT now?! You've got me hooked.... I'd love to follow along with all of these kids. :)

    Best wishes to all of you,

    Karen Steiner
    Denver, Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the B-Day shout, Timbo! Glad you made it home safe from the marathon of SLC.

    ReplyDelete