Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27, 2010: We're back home in CA



Heaveno!

We made it home safely today, but not without Ali's flu really making her miserable on the 2 flights home.  Ali basically vegged out in front of the TV today while our sherpa Mark took us on one last hiking adventure.  We basically hiked from 8,000 to 9,000 feet in 6-18 of powder to an overlook where we could see a whole other mountain range and Vallecito Lake 1,000 feet below. Gorgeous views at the end of it all,



Providence story of the day?  The flights caused Ali to to be miserable.  All she wanted was her little Lucy.  I explained that we had to go to Grandma's to pick Lucy up.  She wasn't too happy about that.  She wanted Lucy right then and there.  Well, we head down to baggage claim, and who is waiting for us?  Grandpa, Grandma, and Lucy!  I don't think Lucy has EVER seen the inside of the airport!  Ali immediately got happy and Granda mentioned, "Yeah, something told me I should just bring Lucy today..."



Awesome.

Now, I can't even keep my eyes open, so I say THANK YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA for bring Lucy to the airport, and THANK YOU NANNY AND MANNY for an absolutely LOVELY holiday!

God night.



8 comments:

  1. Apart from Ali getting the flu, it sounds like you all had just the holiday time you needed with your family, that's awesome! I hope Ali feels better soon, the flu is no fun.

    At your urging, I visited little Tripp's blog the other day...poor little guy...I have been hesitating to become involved, but he is starting to pull on my heartstrings. EB MUST become a disease of the past, the sooner the better. I am honored to be a part of making that happen...blessings Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that Ali isn't feeling well :( I hope she feels better reallllly soon!
    All the pictures are so beautiful...it really was a White Chirstmas for you! By the way...the cabin is beautiful!!!
    xoxo,
    nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, Bob, Jack and BenDecember 28, 2010 at 10:13 AM

    Tim -- No Internet access on our MN trip, so I'm just catching up, but wanted you to know our hearts have been and will be with you especially during the holidays. Glad you are home safe. Merry Everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Ali that you don't feel well. But, the fact that Grandma and Grandpa KNEW to bring Lucy to the airport is so Fantastic!!! I believe that was Bella watching over you!

    I'm glad you guys made it home safely. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip aside from Ali getting the flu. Now time to relax after your vacation!

    Lots of Love,
    Amber, Craig, Malorie, and Liam
    The McLaughlin Family, CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Ali! I cant imagine being sick and having to travel. I hope she feels better soon.

    Happy to hear you are home...I hope you got your package and it was in one piece.

    Sending my love to all and sweet kisses to Ali.

    Denise WI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Ali feels better soon.
    Love & prayerCarla Spradlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear you are all home safe, so sorry to hear Ali is still not feeling well!

    Glad you had such a wonderful & restful time in Durango.

    Love the pic of Bella - miss that sweet girl!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home - glad you made it safely! Sorry sweet Ali is sick, and will pray for her to feel better soon. Hope the rest of your week is great!

    Love from TX,
    Laura (for Team A)

    ReplyDelete