Thursday, February 17, 2011

February 17: Let the Campaign Begin!

Heaveno!

First off, thank all you peeps out there that wrote such beautiful comments about your relationship to prayer.  For anyone reading this post, I highly suggest going back and reading the comment thread.  It paints a very touching, personal, humble, and VALUABLE picture of the possibility of prayer.  In addition to reading what/how you pray, what I read was what prayer makes available to you... a warm, intimate, safe relationship with another whom you can release your fears and joys to equally.  mmmm.... that is simply delicious.  I use that sentence very purposefully because it is like you described the greatest cup of hot chocolate.  Warming and soothing, enriching from the inside out!  Seriously, I heard a very close relationship that takes place within.  Really good stuff.  One of the great refrains from "In the Garden" comes to mind...

and He walks with me 
and He talks with me
and He tells me I am His own
and the joy we share
as we tarry there
none other shall ever know.


The above doesn't have to happen in the garden, it happens is your hearts.  I am touched, warmed, and somewhat healed by your comments.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

***

New Topic.

Ready?

Grab your cell phone.

Seriously.

Got it?

Text BELLA to 50555 to donate $5 to the UofM EB Research!

Type YES to the confirmation text.

DONE!

How easy was that?

Last weekend, I mentioned about mobile giving.  Well, once again, my good buddy Joe Polish proved why he is the most connected guy I know.  He called me Sunday morning with none other than Mike Koenigs on three way.  Mike is one of the top master internet marketers and mobile marketers out there.  Mike tells me on the call about mGive.  I email our team at the Minnesota Medical Foundation about it, and within 4 days, we figured out how to activate an account they were getting ready to do away with!

Thanks to the entire team at CCRF and MMF that put their heads together to keep up with my ideas!  My theory was that I will be attending Harv Ecker's Millionaire Mind Intensive in LA this weekend for free.  There will probably be over 1,000 people there.  We are working on getting me 10 minutes on stage to share Bella's story at which time I will have them all stand up and hold their cell phones up like lighters in the 80's while I sing a portion of "Bella's Song."  Then, with cell phones in hand, I will ask them to text BELLA to 50555 to make a $5 donation in her memory, or go to ebhope.com to contribute even more.  I am going to point ebhope.com at the online donation page that the DONATE TO PUCK button goes to.

There's a chance I won't get this opportunity, but chance favors the prepared mind.  At Joe's 1st LA event, Sarah Palin was supposed to speak, but she got detained in D.C.  That morning, I did a full soundcheck with the sound team and video team fully knowing that we may not even get the chance, but if we did, I wanted us to be ready.  We raised $6,400, got a professional HD video on YouTube for free that has received 734 views to date, and made countless other connections for further development... all from being ready.

Who knows?  One of Harv's speakers might get delayed on the runway due to weather or something...

God night.

P.S. Pretty pretty PRETTY please text/email/facebook the following message to your social network RIGHT NOW...  :-) Please?

"Please text BELLA to 50555 to donate $5 to help fund the cure to a horrible childhood disease called Epidermolysis Bullosa.  I have been touched by a little girl named Bella who gave her life to find a cure. Please help me honor her in this simple but meaningful fashion.  Thank you."

If you prefer twitter:

"Text BELLA to 50555 to donate $5 to help fund the cure to the worst childhood disease you've never heard of: Epidermolysis Bullosa or EB."

















9 comments:

  1. Hi Tim, is the mobile giving thing just in the US or will it work if I text from the UK? Love to you and your beautiful family. Gill X

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome!!! I posted this on my FB already and of course sent my txts in too!!! This is really exciting!! miss you bella doll!
    xo
    nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done! This is such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Text donating, my first time...in honor of Bella!
    Love and peace,
    Rose
    Greenville NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry...must be a challenged texter...don't get how to do it...it's not working :(

    Okay, will ask my kids when they get home...

    Donna/NJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just finished reading yesterday post and all the comments. I agree with all those sincere comments and I have all the same doubts that you have. Praying gives me peace and the time to think about people that need help or comfort; I think about my family and all the blessings I receive and I do find hard to accept the answers to my prayers that I don't like.
    I guess because of all that , I keep praying for you and your family.
    Love,
    Mariana,UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited about the TEXTing opportunities we have now to donate. I saw your post on Facebook yesterday and I have already shared it on my page. But, like you have said before, I need to repost it for those who may not have seen it the first time around. I am so grateful that you have such wonderful friends who are willing and able to do such wonderful things to help us raise the money to find the cure to EB. It's just awesome!! Good luck this weekend. I pray that you will have the opportunity to get everyone in the audience to send a text right then and there. How great will that be?!

    I love, love, love the pictures of the girls tonight. Just precious...such great moments frozen in time...

    Lots of Love,
    Amber, Craig, Malorie, and Liam
    The McLaughlin Family, CA

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete