Friday, February 25, 2011

February 25, 2011: Tangled

Heaveno!

Mommy got a hall pass to have a girls night out, so daddy took Ali to see Tangled at long last!  THANK GOD it was still at the dollar theaters!  I didn't check before I blurted out, "Hey, Ali, wanna go see Tangled?"  When I went on Movietickets.com to search for a showing, my first cause for alarm was seeing that it was released on November 24!  Really?  I swear it wasn't that long ago... till I remember the Rapunzel doll Ali got for CHRISTMAS...  wow, time FLIES!

Anyhow, we made the movie just in time, and man was it AWESOME!  I mean, it was really, really good!  I was really impressed.  Maximus stole the show in my opinion!  Seriously, it had Ali riveted the whole time, and wasn't too scary compared to some past Disney flicks.

The big tearjerker scene for me was the lighting of the lanterns.  I the waterworks let loose on me for that one.  As the lanterns floated away, I saw Bella's butterflies flying away after her CA memorial, and I head Ali say, "Goodbye, Bella!"  Ali was sitting in my lap at this point of the movie, much the same way Bella used to, and it was a bittersweet moment.  Sweet that we still have Ali, bitter that we no longer have Bella.

Anyhow, much fun was had.  Ang is still out enjoying herself, so I can't report how that went.  Hope it went well, honey, you deserve it!

God night.

4 comments:

  1. Was just looking at local movie listings before signing on. Long time no movie for me or my kids. I'm glad they are still making *good* movies. Call me a critic, but yikes! All kinds of yucky stuff out there. Hence the long time no movie.

    When you mention Bella and butterflies, I remember how excited the EB kiddo I care for got when they spotted a butterfly.

    Love Bella's hat. Miss her. Can't begin to imagine how you miss her.

    Have a great weekend!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a win win to me. Mommy gets a girls night out and daddy gets to take his sweet girl to the movies. :) Tangled is a movie we have yet to see and it sounds like we will have to rent it when it comes out. Noahs latest favorite is The Princess and the Frog.

    I am so sorry you have those bittersweet moments. I was thinking last night after I "talked" to Bella (yes I still talk to her nightly...that is if I dont fall asleep first ;)). The connection I have to Bella amazes me. I still think about her frequently during my day...little things remind me of her. I know I have told you this before....but I just wanted you to know that she still is in my heart and on my mind.

    Sweet picture...I love Bellas hat! :):):)

    As always sending my love to all and the sweetest of kisses for Ali.

    Denise WI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear EB friends and families:

    As you probably know, Feb 28,2011 is rare disease day. In honor of this day a couple of corporations are making donations to NORD (National Organization of Rare Disorders). These fund will be used for grants for research on rare diseases.

    Just click on the following link and Lundbeck, Inc will donate $1.00 to NORD.
    http://www.rarediseaseday.us/raise-your-hand
    You can also grab a button at this site to add to your blog/face book/twitter.

    If you or a family member is affected by a rare disease. Upload a short video at this link: http://rarediseaseday.us/take-action-now/video-project/
    and Alnylam Pharmaceuticals will donate $10.00 to NORD. And your video will help raise awareness to your rare disorder/disease.

    Sanford Research in Sioux Falls, SD has established a new registry for all rare diseases. This registry will help researchers become aware of the need for research, and be a source for any researcher to contact possible subjects for their research trials. You can register and read more about CoRDS (Coordination of Rare Diseases at Sanford) here:
    http://www.sanfordresearch.org/ResearchCenters/CoRDS/

    Help raise awareness of EB and all rare diseases.

    Beth of Sioux Falls, SD

    ReplyDelete