Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011: Back to it...



Heaveno!

I really shouldn't wait till after 10pm to blog.  There is so much to share and all I want to do is go to bed.

Alright.  Let's see if i can write this.  I attended a 3 day-intensive called the Millionaire Mind Intensive.  If any of you are familiar with the Landmark Forum.  Just think Landmark Forum with 700 people, 10 times the energy, and awesome music throughout... specifically for money.

If anyone reading this feels like they have ANY loss of power and freedom with their finances and money, I can't recommend this course enough.  Money has been an area of my life where I have struggled and struggled for YEARS, and now I have realized why.

When I was around 21, my parents split up after 32 years.  I will never forget the day that I watched my sad drive away from my childhood home in a rental car foreclosed, bankrupt, and divorced at 65.  He was riving his rental car with all his worldly possessions from Connecticut out to Arizona to live on my brother's couch in his student housing.  Then, I turned around as my sister's boyfriend at the time closed the latch on the u-Haul.  The family belongings were going to a friend's garage to be stored before the bank was due to arrive that afternoon to change the locks on our home.

When I looked back, my dad was gone.  In that moment, I said to myself, "Money is dangerous.  It is NOT safe.  You could lose EVERYTHING because of money."  After all, it looked as if my dad did.
So, I became a money avoider.  I figured that the less I had, the less I could screw up, and the less danger I'd be in.  It's amazing how the brain creates such powerful neuro-associations.

Well, last night, I broke through my fear of money once and for all.  When I did, I experienced feeling Bella and my daddy looking down at me from heaven, absolutely BEAMING.  They have wanted nothing else than for me to finally break through this last frontier of 'stuckness.'  It doesn't serve me or anyone else in the world for me  to continue to avoid money.  The very primitive part of my brain actually equated money with danger.  Crazy, huh?

I shared this breakthrough on the mic and I told audience what I was doing regarding funding the cure to EB at the U of M.  With that, the entire ballroom rose to its feet in a standing ovation.  I'll tell you what happened next tomorrow....

God night.




8 comments:

  1. when you post late, we -across the ocean- have advantage to be first to comment ;-)

    I'm glad you feel better about money now. I, too, have some sort of trauma after seeing my parents lose all their money and posesions and go bankrupt because of my dad's taking bad decisions and my brother's leading a bad life. My dad passed away 7 years ago and I have`'t seen my mother/brother ever since. I, unfortunately, still have to believe that money gives more "headaches" than happiness...

    I'm so glad things are looking good for the fundraiser!!! I would LOVE to witness a cure for EB and see all babies/kids/adults EB FREE.

    Love and hugs
    juana
    Proud member of DEBRA Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stilling digging out of the personal mess I am in with teh death of my father inlaw, but wanted you all to know I am trying to catch up with what is going on in your lives and the EB Cause front.

    So excited for you and your break through.

    Tina in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooo.....a cliffhanger! Sounds exciting!
    This is one of my favorite pictures ever.
    had a wonderful visit with Ali yesterday...What a nice "surprise" in our day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOO excited to hear about it!! Hope you, Ang and Ali have a wonderful day!

    Love from TX,
    Laura (for Team A)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your experiences in life.
    Can't wait to hear about your seminar.
    Great pictures.
    Mariana,UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't leave us hanging like that! Excited to hear the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ringolds,
    I continue to check in everyday, pray for your hearts, and cheer you on towards your goal for Bella's birthday. I am so inspired by you as parents the way you take on the challenges you are given with such strength and grace.

    I wanted to make you aware this evening of a little boy named Cooper Knight. I learned about Cooper through a family member. He like Bella went through transplant, (small bowel and colon)in 2010. I know that you are in your own process of grieving, but if you could pray for Cooper and his family, or leave a message on his blog : http://www.cotaforcooperk.com/blog
    I know they could use support right now, tonight. He is 4 years old and has a metabolic disorder. He underwent transplant with the hope of being able to maintain nutrition without TPN. Unfortuantely the transplant did not work and his metabolic disorder has worsened. Despite all of his struggles he fought hard, made people laugh and has two amazing parents that brought him home from the hospital today so that he could be surrounded by as much love as possible.

    Thanks for continuing to share your life. I hope that you don't mind me mentioning Cooper at this time.

    Laura B, Indianapolis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so I am behind in my reading but, I just read this post this morning and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing such intimate things with us. I am excited to read about what happened next...

    Lots of Love,
    Amber, Craig, Malorie, and Liam
    The McLaughlin Family, CA

    ReplyDelete